Saturday, January 7, 2012

A New Year's Quiz...


Here's something fun I found on a friend's blog.  Enjoy!


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?

Ride the big swings at Silver Dollar City. :-)

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Yes, I think I can safely say I did keep my resolutions and yes, I will definitely make more for this coming year...



3. Did anyone close to you give birth or get pregnant?
Yes, two of my friends had their first babies!

4. Did anyone close to you get married?
No.


5. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes; he wasn't really close, but he was a dear family friend whom we met while ministering at the nursing home.


6. Travel?
Oh, yes.  We went to Missouri twice (first in May, then in August), Kansas and Colorado.


7. Did you move anywhere?
Nope!


8. What was the best month?
June because that's when we went to KS and CO and I love traveling... :-)


9. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

More wisdom and maturity in the Lord. 

10. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 16th - when my aunt chose to forsake the world.  Some others, but those are for another place and time. :-)


11. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Being able to see my own clients as a peer counselor at our local pregnancy center.


12. What was your biggest failure?
Giving in to my awkward shyness...


13. Did you suffer illness or injury?
 The normal coughs and colds...

14. What was the best thing you bought?

My first car!


15. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Too many to count!


16. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
I don't know...


17. Where did most of your money go?
A car and Christmas gifts


18. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Traveling out of state; solidifying friendships :-)

19. What song will always remind you of 2011?
 "The Blackness of the Need" by Ron Block


20. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? umm... I don't know
iii. richer or poorer? richer

21. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Enjoy the outdoors


22. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Computer time

23. How did you be spend New Year’s Eve/Day?

Stayed up late playing cards and billiards, then helped put out a small fire in the neighborhood

24. What was an unexpected surprise?
A great-paying, full-time job

25. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes, with my Heavenly Father


26. What was the best concert you’ve been to this year?

Russel Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out, The Whites, Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper - all in one setting!


27. What was your favorite TV program?

Dragnet, as always

28. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year?
I'm not sure


29. What was the best book you read?
HEAL by Ally Marie Smith and Paperdoll by Natalie Lloyd



30. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Another "Sierra" album, Ron Block's second solo CD "Doorway" and some great classical pieces


31. What did you want and get?
A car, journals, a job, close friends, time with family

32. What did you want and not get?
I'd rather not say


33. What was your favorite film of this year?

"Courageous"!! And "180" for sure.

34. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked 12 hours, let myself have some coffee and turned 25.  Yikes!


35. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing - I'd take whatever God gives me.


36. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Umm.... rather 'freeing' I guess; I discovered what actually looks good on me!

37. What kept you sane?

The Lord and my wonderful family.


38. What political issue stirred you the most?

Abortion.

39. Who did you miss?
My older brother.


40. Who was the best new person you met?
Those we minister to in music.


41. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:

Trust, trust, trust.  Completely.  Wholly.  Unreservedly.  Absolutely.

42. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

 "This is my story, this is my song.
Praising my Saviour all the day long! 
"This is my story, this is my song.
Praising my Saviour all the day long!"
 

-Fanny Crosby


No comments:

Post a Comment