Thursday, December 23, 2010

Celebrating Christ's Birth!

Merry Christmas to all from:
(L to R) Abigail (12), John W. (17), Faith (18), Dad, Mom, 
Joshi (9), James (15), Melody (21) and Christy (24)


It is so easy to get caught up in the to-do lists of this season.  I know I am certainly not exempt.  Why can't we get things done in a timely manner?  Why must it always end in overwhelming cries for help?
The Lord tenderly reminded me what it is all about.  As I questioned why we cared to make goodies for our six neighbors, and even our small Fire and Police departments, He so gently reminded me that 

"Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these 
my brethren, ye have done it unto Me."*

I pondered what this meant.  Was all this going here and there, last minute shopping, caring for a sick daddy, and baking all day long really being done for the Lord?  I was filled with renewed energy as I thought on all that I had done and all that still needed to be done... it was all for Him.  Every little thing I did, including making cookies for our neighbors, was for Him.  And why did we put ourselves through such uncomfortable to-do lists once a year?  Why did we bother?

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."*

That is why!  Because a child - God's only Son - came to save a dying, dark world.  The least I could do for Him was to do what needed to be done... not for my gain or even my family's gain; but to bring honor and glory to Him and His Name... His Wonderful Name. 

*Matthew 25:40; Isaiah 9:6

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Christina, to you and all your family. May the Lord bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry CHRIST mas! That is a great reminder of what CHRIST mas and every day should be all about. Serving our Lord!!
    Hope you all have a wonderful 2011!!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I just saw this... God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete